[Support #MNU-368072]: IDV Viewer

Hi Jim,

OK, here we go:

-Start the IDV
-From top navigation bar, select (pull down) Data
-From the pull down select "Choose Data"
-Select NEXRAD radar files
-Select tab that indicates NEXRAD remote
-Zoom in using the +  sign until you see the site you desire
-Select that site
-At this point you will select times, you will probably want to got to absolute
times instead of relative times so you can get the time  and date you desire
-Once you have the time(s) selected, click on the "add source" button
-Once the source has been added you will need to select what you want to see,
please choose one here, you will likely want "Reflectivity".
-Then select the tilt you want...lower values are closer to the ground.
-Then select "radar sweep in 3D" as your display

You will now have a visualization...

Please keep in mind you are viewing -data- not images, so there is much memory
needed
for your machine. I do not know your machine, but 10GB of RAM will get chewed
up by about
20-30 frames of NEXRAD level II data.

Also, there are many groups already providing this product..NWS, SSEC, CSU, and
others...

Good luck,

Jeff

> Yes, volume Scan.