[IDV #SVO-376145]: Plotting weather symbols from automated stations

> Full Name: Cees Ceulemans
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.4\jre version: 1.8.0_51
> j3d:1.6.0-pre12-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I need to plot weather symbols from synoptic stations with automated
> weather observations. The weather code of automated observations
> should make use of another plot data set than the regular WX
> symbols. Unfortunately I cannot find these weather symbol data set for
> automated synoptic stations in IDV. Should/Can this dataset be imported
> in IDV, and if this is possible, from where should I download this
> dataset? Or should the problem be solved in another way?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

Hi Cees,

Sorry for the delay reply, somehow I missed this support ticket.
The set of weather symbols in the IDV should be very comprehensive, however,
I don't understand your problem clearly. But, it does not look like you were
looking
for some specific symbol. It sounds like you want to create a layout
model for the automated obs station. If so, please reference the following:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/resources/stationmodel/StationModelEditor.html

Please let me know if II mis understood your problem.

Yuan

Ticket ID: SVO-376145
Department: Support IDV