[IDV #GVM-711929]: geolocate an image with transparent background....

Hi Gilles,

I can confirm exactly the problem you describe. I tried experimenting with
various workarounds including ISL. But unfortunately, none of my attempts were
satisfactory.

The best advice I can offer is to use a tool like the GIMP to create the
background color of your image to your liking and then geolocate it in the IDV.

I just tried this solution and it seems to work, see attached.

Maybe someone knows better than me, but that's what I have.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: GVM-711929
Department: Support IDV