[IDV #ETH-147190]: IDV failed to start

Hi Natalia,

I can see from previous support inquiries that you have successfully run the IDV
in the past. What has changed? I am assuming you are running the IDV on the same
computer. Is this correct? I also see you updated the version of the IDV from
5.3
to 5.4.

My next suggestion would be to move your .unidata folder out of the way. For
example,

mv ~/.unidata ~/.unidata.bak

and then try to start the IDV.

One last question: Is your Linux machine a 32 or 64 bit Ubuntu Linux laptop?

uname -a

can answer that question.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello, my name is Natalia. I'm a student of atmospheric sciences.
>

> I've been working on IDV the past weeks and I've had some errors because the
> .xidv file can't my data files.
>
> Now this new error came out... I was going to start working on idv, i putted
> the ./runIDV command to start on ubuntu 16, and it says that IDV had an error
> to start, i downloaded the new version of IDV, and it says the same.
>

> I don't know if I should delete the .sh files and try to install again it
> again ? I would very thankful with your help, i need to work with IDV the
> next days.
>
> Greetings.
>

> Natalia Castillo.

Ticket ID: ETH-147190