[IDV #OIG-774464]: IDV crash

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Our options are somewhat limited for the remote display of the IDV in this
configuration.

I can think of two options to go forward:

1. You say there are memory problem on your Windows laptop with respect to
running the
IDV. Can you elaborate on that? Note that you can increase the amount of memory
available to the IDV:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/misc/PerformanceTuning.html

2. CloudIDV where we set up an instance of the IDV on your behalf on a cloud
VM. You would
access the IDV via your web browser. This option is still experimental but
could be
a possibility.

Before, we pursue 2. I would like to exhaust 1. as an option.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> I just confirmed that the graphics drivers are up-to-date on both machines.
> Also, the IDV has to be run by connecting to a host display due to a memory
> issue. Are there any other possibilities as to what could be the problem or
> other measures you would suggest taking?
>
> Thank you
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Matthew,
> >
> > If possible, I would try to run the IDV on your local Windows machine
> > rather
> > than connecting to a remote host/display. (Have you have ever had the IDV
> > run
> > with this remote setup before?)
> >
> > You can try ensuring the graphics drivers are up-to-date on the local and
> > remote
> > machines, but it may still not work. Again, run the IDV locally, if
> > possible.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Full Name: Matthew Chaundy
> > > Email Address: address@hidden
> > > Package Version: 5.4
> > > Operating System:
> > > Hardware:
> > > Description of problem: I am using X-Win32 to access IDV on a Linux
> > server remotely from a Windows server. When I launch the IDV the splash
> > screen pops up and then the application starts to run, but then crashes
> > after a few seconds. I have attached an image of the error message that I
> > receive after the crash. Could you please tell me what I need to do in
> > order to run IDV without it crashing?
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: OIG-774464
> > Department: Support IDV
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: OIG-774464
Department: Support IDV