[IDV #OTB-560155]: Very slow response in Display View

> Thanks for the quick response, Yuan. I don't think that's it. I tried your
> trouble shoot and that didn't do anything different. I'm not loading any
> datasets and I'm even launching the IDV offline. even if I try to load in a
> local map it performs the same. Any state change in the Map View window
> takes 5+ seconds to respond.
>
> One thing I will say is that a couple of days ago, I was loading radar data
> and testing some high resolution map shape files of roads, which was quite
> memory intensive. It is behaving almost like it has a bunch of high-memory
> map files loading in to memory or something, yet none of those maps are
> loaded or shown in Default Background Maps. I'm not sure how the thredds
> data server you mention is related to my problem..
>
> Mike U

Mike,

I have some problem start the IDV this morning because of the TDS not running,
this is why I have to
remove the default bundle which was point to the TDS server.

If you click the lower left conner of the IDV view window or the dashboard, you
can see the memory usage,
anything un normal there?

Yuan

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > All of a sudden this morning, upon loading any of my IDV versions on my
> > > laptop (Win10), the Display View in all of the IDVs were very, very slow
> > > respond to mouse panning, zooming in/out, unloading a map display, etc. I
> > > thought maybe it was something with my DefaultIdv folder, but I ran IDV
> > > with the baseline DefaultIdv, but that didn't make a difference. I'm at a
> > > loss as to what is causing the extremely slow performance all of a
> > sudden.
> > > There are indications of performance issues on my laptop with other
> > > apps/etc. overwhelming system resources. I tried IDV on one of the
> > > computers at work (also a Windows version) and it runs fine.  Any leads
> > on
> > > how to troubleshoot this? Thanks..
> > >
> > > Mike Umscheid
> > >

> > Mike,
> >

> > I think it is the problem of the thredds data server here at Unidata. If
> > you remove/rename the default.xidv in the .Unidata folder, it should be
> > normal.
> >
> > I will check with TDS  group to find out the issue.
> >

> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: OTB-560155
> > Department: Support IDV
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: OTB-560155
Department: Support IDV