[IDV #RQR-383957]: Not Able to Access Some Data via Catalogs

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delayed response. It looks to me like you have done your homework
and taken the necessary steps to deal with this issue. Unfortunately, I don't
have anything to suggest beyond what you have tried already. It is difficult for
us to test proxy servers since we don't run one here, and more generally this
situation has not been high on the priority list.

Could you work with your sys admin staff to overcome this proxy server
situation?

I am also curious to know if you can access the
http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/idd/forecastModels.xml URL simply in your web
browser.

Sorry we cannot be of more help.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Michael McAtee
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /tcs/ago/group/owl_nest/IDV/IDV_5.3/jre version:
> 1.8.0_45 j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Tried to attached a Word Doc and this form wouldn't send.  Here is the
> text of that doc that describes my problem:
>
> I'm running on a Centos OS Linux system
>
> It started out that I couldn't open the main catalog link:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/georesources/idvcatalog.xml
>
> After a little online research I changed the line in my runIDV file to
>
> ${java}  -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy-west.aero.org -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
> -Xmx${idv_memory}m  -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Didv.enableStereo=false -jar
> ${dirname}/idv.jar $*
>
> Which added the proxy information for my network.  This change enable
> me to open the main catalog link but when I clicked on some of the file
> folders I got an error message like:
>
> Error: Could not load url:
> http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/idd/forecastModels.xml
>
> I was also able to get to Sat & Radar, Observations, and Fronts data
> (which is via adde). I also was able to access some bundles via the quick
> links tab.  Some of that data must be from an https site becuase when
> I clicked on it I was prompted to enter my proxy user ID and password.

Ticket ID: RQR-383957
Department: Support IDV