[IDV #RTX-981446]: selecting data

Hi Rahan,

I think it would benefit you to study the documentation:

IDV User Guide: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/
IDV Workshop  Material: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/
IDV Video Tutorials:  http://goo.gl/n0Frpb

At any rate, assuming your (netCDF?) gridded data is standards (e.g., CF)
compliant, you can go to the IDV Dashboard, Data Choosers tab and select your
gridded data file, and "Add Source". That action will take you to the Field
Selector.  At that point you can select a field and visualize it with a Data
Probe/Time Series Display.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: rahan
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8.1
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.3\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm new here, on idv. I did have some time on the program but I need some
> help, about selecting "one grid point" and make time series from cruts4.00
> data. Well, I only see the "region" box and this has no help to me (I
> don't know the crutes4.00 data grids locations). I need time series from
> 20 cities around the Turkey, since this will be my undergraduate research
> and I have this gridded data set. Is there any boxes that I can click
> on and have my time series for "one grid point" at a time like Istanbul?

Ticket ID: RTX-981446
Department: Support IDV