[IDV #TBF-580156]: IDV 5.3 no longer starts up

Hi Wayne,

I am at a bit of a loss to explain this error. Please double check the Windows
Video driver has been updated. That solution has worked for our users in the
past. And also double check you moved your .unidata directory out of the way.

I also wonder if you inadvertently downloaded a version of the IDV that is not
compatible with your system. Though the error you provided does not point us in
this direction, but I am somewhat out of ideas as to what the issue is.

Please download the latest IDV and double check you are downloading the correct
version.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Note that there are 32 and 64 bit versions of the Windows installer.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: TBF-580156
Department: Support IDV