[IDV #TGD-838573]: Relative humidity from wrfouts

Hi Youssef,

What was your WRF output post-processing scheme?

At any rate, as you say,  you will have to alias TEMP and MIXR.

For the 2D grid variables, this is probably

T2 for TEMP
Q2 for MIXR

For the 3D grid variables

?????? for TEMP
QVAPOR for MIXR

Once the aliases are in place, right-click on the WRF data source in the Data
sources panel of the Field Selector and "Reload Data". Then the relative
humidity derived field will appear, under the "Derived" node in the field
selector tree.

For the 2D grid variables, unfortunately, the derived relative humidity
calculation will not work because of a problem earlier described here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg06687.html

which is too bad because relative humidity is only really useful at the
surface. So you have to rely on the 3D derivation, but I do not see the
temperature field for the 3D data. Is the 3D temperature available perhaps
through post-processing?

By the way, at least in this case, you cannot mix and match 2D (e.g., T2) and 3D
(e.g., QVAPOR) fields when using IDV formulas. Sorry to have misled you about
this in the earlier response.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: TGD-838573