[IDV #HJM-469025]: IDV on geyser ?

Dan,

This question periodically comes up. Professor Brian Mapes from the University
of Miami has successfully run the IDV on geyser, I believe. You need to go via
the VNC route.

Here are some notes (copy/pasted) from Brian on how to achieved this:

---
ssh -X address@hidden
bsub -Is -q geyser -W 6:00 -n 1 -P P03010039 $SHELL

vncserver -geometry 1600x1200

Start TurboVNC on my mac and enter geyserXX.ucar.edu:X
vglrun runIDV6GB
module load nco

When done;
vncserver -kill :2

https://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/resources/geyser_caldera/visualization
---

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> Working a ticket (134656), I tried to start IDV on geyser,
> with the following result:
>
> bash-4.1$ which runIDV
> /glade/apps/opt/usr/bin/runIDV
> bash-4.1$ runIDV
> IDV failed to start. Please contact address@hidden
> bash-4.1$ hostname
> geyser03
> bash-4.1$
>
> The user is trying to install his own version of IDV, and having trouble.
> I would prefer that the user use the installed version.
>
> How would you like to proceed?
>
> --
>
> Dan Nagle
> address@hidden