[IDV #ZCS-923814]: Plotting Wave Directions

Matt,

Can you explain to me the difference between wind direction and sea direction?

I am trying to understand why the options under the derived node in the IDV
field selector are not suitable where there are several options to plot as
vectors (granted they are called "wind")?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Matt Muscato
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.2\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello again IDV Viewer Support!
>
> I'd like to plot wave directions as vectors. I'm not given any options
> to do so. I also don't see any parameters for sea directions. I did set
> my wave direction parameter to wind direction and plot the vectors that
> way, but that's not ideal.
>
> Any thoughts on how i can plot wave directions?
>
> Thanks!

Ticket ID: ZCS-923814
Department: Support IDV