[IDV #VRM-168678]: IDV 5.2: Visualization Errors

> Dear Unidata IDV Support:
>
> I am getting visualization errors when viewing simple maps in IDV 5.2.
> When viewing a simple U.S. map with U.S. counties layer turned on, I see:
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Then, when viewing a simple WRF file, and overlaying the terrain height
> variable at a 100 m contour interval, I see further erroneous maps:
> [image: Inline image 2]
>
> Can you help me determine the root of this issue?  I have just installed
> the latest IDV 5.2 for my Windows 7 64-bit machine.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick
>

> --
> Patrick C. Campbell, Ph.D., CCM
> Postdoctoral Research Scholar
> Air Quality Forecasting Lab
> Department of Marine, Earth, and
> Atmospheric Sciences
> North Carolina State University
> 2800 Faucette Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27695
> Campus Box 8208
> Jordan Hall 1135
> 919-515-9771 (office)
> 307-760-5178 (mobile)
> address@hidden
> NCSU-AQFL-CV
> <http://www.meas.ncsu.edu/aqforecasting/Patrick_Campbell_2014.html>
> Linked-In Profile
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-campbell-ph-d-ccm/71/a39/9b9>

Hi Patrick,
           The visualization error you experienced has something to do with the
video card driver, we do have a fixed available by installing
a plugin, go to: Tools > Plugin Manager, and expand the Bug Fixes icon,  double
click on the + symbol, and then restart the IDV.

Let me know if this can not fix your problem.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VRM-168678
Department: Support IDV