[IDV #EOS-116563]: Data probe location(lat.lon) is truncated

Valentijn,

I just had one more thought. I wonder if there are some internationalization
issues going on here which may be why we could be experiencing different
results. In other words, your JVM is localized to your own locale instead of US
so the number formatting may not work as expected, perhaps.

I you are comfortable changing the runIDV script you can do something like

java -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=us

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Valentijn,
>
> As far as I can tell, it is behaving exactly as expected. Ultimately, under
> the
> hood, it is simply re-using the Java syntax.
>
> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/i18n/format/decimalFormat.html
>
> Also the little '?' icon in the preferences dialog explains this.
>
> I used your format to generate the attached image. See latitude value and
> compare to longitude and altitude. This is what I expect given the #0.###
> format.
>
> What is the format you would really like? If possible, provide an example.
>
> Best,
>
> Unidata IDV Support
>

> > Full Name: Valentijn Venus
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 5.2 build date:2015-08-26 18:19 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows 10
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_71 version:
> > 1.8.0_71 j3d:1.6.0-pre10-daily-experimental daily
> > Description of problem: format preferences not followed, say #0.### is
> > truncated to only one decimal position in Data probe location(lat.lon)

Ticket ID: EOS-116563
Department: Support IDV