[IDV #WAX-506623]: Color bleeds across colored contours unacceptably

Brian,

Yes, I don't think it is a problem with the color scale. This may be a subtle
contouring artifact where the contouring algorithm is drifting into areas in
shouldn't, if you see what I mean. This is something you would never notice
except in these two-tone scenarios. (I would continue experimenting with the
contouring parameters rather than the color table at this point.)

Can you explain to me how you are deriving DTdy? I am curious how other
plotting packages handle these data.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: WAX-506623