[IDV #FPG-930147]: Plotting Temp Profiler Data

Adam,

As far as I know, raw RASS profiler data is unsupported in the IDV.

The correct format for the wind profiler supported in the IDV is netCDF
profile. Here is some information:

http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.6/build/cf-conventions.html#idp8350112

If you are willing to write your own code to parse the data, there are
packages that will do the visualization. Here is one:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/metpy_an_open_source_python

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Adam Gerber
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 version: 1.7.0_67
> j3d:1.6.0-pre10-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: Hello and thanks in advance for any help....I am
> trying to plot if possible a line curve or skew-T of temperature profiler
> data that I have stored locally but also have access to located here:
> ftp://ftp1.esrl.noaa.gov/psd2/data/realtime/Radar915/CnsTemp/vis/
>
> Is this even possible or can you recommend another program that can help with
> this?
>
> Thanks again!!!

Ticket ID: FPG-930147
Department: Support IDV