[IDV #WTT-680792]: Max Reflectivity Calculation

Stacey,

You would think this would be an easy calculation, but surprisingly it is not.

There is nothing I see the in the IDV formulas or grid diagnostics to
find the maximum value in a column. I think you would have to write your own
grid diagnostic formula.

What are the provenance of these data? Were they really originally in grib
format?

You may also wish to ask on address@hidden and see if anyone has any
ideas.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> The data has been uploaded. I only uploaded a small subset of the data, at
> a single time but I do hope to apply this to multiple times in the future.
>
> The file is called MergedRefl_20150624_235834.grib2
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Stacey
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stacey,
> >
> > Please upload your data here:
> >
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> >
> > and let us know when it is uploaded.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm looking to plot the Maximum reflectivity over a column for a gridded
> > > radar dataset, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how
> > > create my own function to do this successfully. I've noticed you have
> > > similar functions for maximum over time, so surely this can not be too
> > > different...
> > >
> > > Any tips?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Stacey Hitchcock
> > >
> > > *Schumacher Group, Colorado State University*
> > > *address@hidden <address@hidden>*
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: WTT-680792
> > Department: Support IDV