[Support #GQY-438491]: Fwd: error after installation

Craig,

Sorry for coming into this discussion late. I was on vacation last week.

The error message pretty much says it all. You do not have permission to create
a directory in your home directory which is very odd. Also the path of your home
directory is strange and I wonder if your home directory is misconfigured
somehow on your windows machine.

As described earlier, you can alter where the IDV thinks the home directory is
with the -userpath argument, but I think that is putting a band-aid on the
problem rather than actually solving the real problem which is that your machine
may be misconfigured.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/misc/CommandLineArguments.html

Best,

Unidata IDV Support