[IDV #LYT-733780]: .grb file on RAMADDA not working suddenly

Hi Jeff,

What version of netCDF-Java are you using in this version of RAMADDA?

It looks like the issue is that the grib file is being served up with the wrong
partition
type, which is exposing the dataset as both a 2D time dataset and a "best"
dataset.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.6/tds/reference/collections/Partitions.html

If you check out the .das, you can see what's going on there:

http://weather.rsmas.miami.edu/repository/entry/show?entryid=synth%3A601aa404-ac59-4abb-8c4f-11c08474a214%3ALzIwMTEtMTEuZ3Ji&output=data.gridaspoint.form

Notice every variable is repeated - one is for TwoD, and the other is for Best.

What partition type are you specifying when the collection is created in the
RAMADDA
code?

Sean

> > Unidata folks - can you look into Brian's problem. You can see the subset
> > form here -
> > http://weather.rsmas.miami.edu/repository/entry/show?entryid=synth%3A601aa404-ac59-4abb-8c4f-11c08474a214%3ALzIwMTEtMTEuZ3Ji&output=data.gridaspoint.form
> >
> > Select one of the fields. The failure is showing up calling GridDataset
> > where it does not ind the named grid, e.g:
> > GridDatatype grid = GridDataset.findGridDatatype("
> > Geopotential_surface");
> >
> > -Jeff
> >

> Jeff and Brian,
> I will move the ticket to the netCDF group for further help.
>

> Yuan

Ticket ID: LYT-733780
Department: Support netCDF Java