[IDV #HFB-616169]: Field Selector IDV 5.0u2 vs 5.1/5.1u2

> Hi Yuan
>
> Thank you for the feedback. I’m unable to upload the grib2 file, seems to
> take a while but my internet is also slow. You can find samples of the grib2
> files on my website:
> http://www.vc3d.co.za/wrfems/1504280000_nmm_d01.grb2f180000
> http://www.vc3d.co.za/wrfems/1504280000_nmm_d01.grb2f210000
>
> May have found the problem. I’m using IDV on Windows 8 64-bit and do a binary
> copy of all individual grib2 files into one grib2 file – sometimes the one
> grib2 file is 2.6 GB or more. IDV 5.0 does not seem to have problem with a
> file this size but version 5.1 gives the optional TwoD/Best view for some
> reason.
>
> When the grib2 files are loaded individually into 5.1, the field selections
> appear normal but on the odd occasion it will give the optional TwoD/Best
> options – this appears to be random.
>
> Regards,
> Vic Chapman

Hi Vic,
         This is known issue for the 5.1 release.
         When there are more than one time dimensions in the dataset, the time
aggregation will be problematic and
some aggregated variables present to users are in-corrected.We want to
discourage user the do the time aggregation
when the datasets have more than one time dimensions. In the future, we will
add a collection type to perform this
function.
         Sorry about the inconvenience.

Yuan