[IDV #OSQ-709189]: about IDV sofeware

> Hi guys
>
> i'm a phd students at geology department of Utah State University. Now
> i want to plot a focal mechanics map by using IDV software. But there
> was no beach ball plot model after i installed the IDV. I downloaded
> the idv_5_0u2_windows64_installer for installing. is that full package
> or there is something missing when i installed software?
>
> thanks a lot for you time
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> --
> xiaofei ma

Xiaofei,

          The "beach ball" layout model is available, but you need to create
one. Here is some detail instruction:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/resources/stationmodel/StationModelEditor.html

This instruction  presents a more complicated layout model, what you need is
much simple, in the layout model editor, you
only need to select "Shape" and specify the shape as "Circle" or "Filled
Circle". It is optional to relate the "Color By" and "Scale Size"
to parameters of your dataset.

Yuan

Ticket ID: OSQ-709189
Department: Support IDV