[IDV #QEL-679004]: Use case for time matching, HRRR, etc...

> Yuan:
>
> OK.  It took me a night's sleep, but I guess one can either grab
> the "Best Time Series" option or the "Latest Collection." I'm guessing
> the Latest Collection is the most recent model run? That seems to be the
> case when I load it up.  However, I'm still unable to do what I would
> like.  Here's the issue.
>
> What I would like is observed reflectivity for part of the loop and
> then HRRR reflectivity for the other part (i.e., the future).  I would
> also like to overlay HRRR analyses on top of the observed reflectivity.
> I can do this if I set my time driver through the Time Animation
> Properties Widget and I can get it to work if I time match the HRRR Best
> Time Series to the widget. However, when I do this, it displays the HRRR
> reflectivity along with the observed reflectivity, which I don't want.

Jim,
      How about this kind of design: setup the driver time through the
animation widget as past 12 hour to
future 18 hour like before. Then, use this driver time to time match the real
observed radar reflectivity
from the adde server, you will only load the observed part. Again, use the
driver time to load the
reflectivity field from HRRR latest dataset. The result will be closed to what
you want, you may see
one time step observed overlay from both datasets.

Yuan

> I've tried to get around this in the attached bundle by loading the
> HRRR Latest Collection, which I use to plot just the reflectivity in the
> forecast.  Then, I loaded the Best Time Series in the hopes of plotting
> the vector winds on top of both the observed reflectivities and the HRRR
> forecast reflectivities. However, when I do this, it only plots wind up
> to the period that the HRRR Latest Collection is available for.
>
> I suppose what I am doing here is a bit unusual, but it is
> something very useful for teaching nowcasting.  Basically, I'm trying to
> blend an image/analysis loop (in this case, radar reflectivity with HRRR
> analyses) seemlessly into a forecast loop (in this case HRRR
> reflectivity and analyses).  I'd actually like to do this with a number
> of my bundles as it would make class much easier to teach than what I'm
> doing now, which is loading up analysis and forecast bundles separately.
>
> Jim
>

> On 2/9/15 4:52 PM, Jim Steenburgh wrote:
> > Attached is a screenshot showing it is missing.  I am running 5.0u3
> > from about a week ago.  Is it something you added recently?
> >
> > Jim

> >> Most recent run (or latest rung) should be available in the list. If
> >> not, you should update to the latest nightly release.
> >>

> >> Yuan

> >> Ticket Details
> >> Ticket ID: QEL-679004
> >> Department: Support IDV