[IDV #IHS-459204]: Can't run IDV 5.0ux on OS X Mavericks

Grace,

What we really need to do is update the version of Java that is distributed with
the IDV. In the meantime, please go to www.java.com. Download Java there.

Now please edit the "runIDV" script that is distributed with the IDV. It should
be something like /Applications/IDV_5.0u2/runIDV.

Replace the line that says

jre="jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre"

with

jre="/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre"

Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a more permanent solution
soon.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: IHS-459204