[IDV #BDO-300797]: catalog choking on folder of OK .ncml files

Brian,

Tom, Yuan and I had a long pow wow about this topic today. We brought your NCML
data over to Unidata machines. Your analysis coupled with our experiments ruled
out a number of different possibilities (e.g., web servers limiting traffic,
networking issues).  BTW, we see the same behavior with older versions of the
IDV.

We are now working with a few different theories.

1/ The IDV needs to make smarter requests to RAMADDA in order to not crack open
each individual NCML aggregation in a directory.

2/ Something changed within RAMADDA and it now cracks open more of the dataset
than we would like.

We will keep you posted.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support