[IDV #MST-684154]: CF-compliant trajectory file

Adam,

Apparently, the problem is because no data variable has been defined. In traj.nc
there is a data variable, mslp. In finalinfo_trunc2007.nc, there is no data
variable, just trajectory, time, lat, lon, z. Once I add a fake variable to the
data I can read into the IDV.

I met your colleagues at Super Science Saturday at NCAR. They showed me some of
the drones your team is using. Very cool stuff.

Is there any chance I can get you to use Python instead of IDL? As a Unidata
employee I could be able to help you with that transition.

Also, are you going to AMS? It would be nice to meet in person.

Please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Adam Houston
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.0u2
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: The attached file is CF-compliant (tested via
> web-based checker) and seems to match the format of the traj.nc file
> generated through the IPyNB cookbook (I can read traj.nc just fine in IDV)
> but cannot be read in IDV.  I have tried altering the time units to match
> traj.nc and this doesn't help.  I am using IDL to generate this file.

Ticket ID: MST-684154
Department: Support IDV