[IDV #GXX-664963]: Are the any reported problems running IDV with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) OS?

Nigel,

Please go to the windows command prompt and start the IDV from there.

It should be something like C:\Program Files\IDV\runIDV.bat

What error messages do you see? Please copy and paste them and send them our
way.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> I am new to IDV. i have just installed it on a new machine running Windows
> 8.1 (64-bit). The install went without a hitch but when I attempt to start
> up the program it only appears momentarily before closing. I don't see any
> error message. I downloaded the 64-bit August release. I noticed that the
> release notes don't specify that it is compatible with Windows 8. I
> assummed if it worked for 64-bit Windows 7 it would run on a Windows 8
> machine. Was I wrong?
>
> --
> Nigel Wattrus
>
> Associate Professor
> -  Large Lakes Observatory & Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
> Director of Graduate Studies
> -  Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
>
> address@hidden
>
> Tel: 218-726-7154
> Fax: 218-726-6979

Ticket ID: GXX-664963