[IDV #JJR-813844]: WRF output

Randy,

Interesting question. Right now, I don't think there is anyway to do that.
However, remember that the IDV is a Java application. I believe there is talk
of future versions of Java being able to harness the GPU for calculations.
This should hopefully happen automatically without the developer having
to do anything. We will have to wait and see.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> I have a WRF netcdf file that contains ~3.1M grid points.  The output
> file contains the u and v components of wind in 3D and I want to create
> an isosurface of the total wind.
>
> I guess I have to use the pre-canned formula for the total wind but it
> takes 20 minutes for it to do all of the calculations (4 time slices
> in file).
>
> Is there some way for IDV to tap into the GPU on board my macbook.
>
> I have 8Gig of RAM and 2.7 I7 processor.
>
> thanks,
> Randy

Ticket ID: JJR-813844
Department: Support IDV