[IDV #SKA-999276]: Horizontal Scale Bar and WRF Domains

Stephanie,

For 1/ unfortunately, the answer is no. There are no distance scales in the
IDV.

For 2/ I would experiment with the drawing control.

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/controls/misc/DrawingControl.html

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Stephanie Phelps
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
> I have two questions.
>
> 1) I would like to add a horizontal distance scale to my figures.  I see
> there is a way to indicate the lat/lon along the edges of the figures, but is
> there a way to have a scale bar for horizontal distance?
>
> 2) I want to visualize my three domains from WRF output, similar to the
> attached figure made in Google Earth.  I simply want the four boxes overlaid
> within one another.  When I upload the output from the three domains I can
> only manage to have one box visible at a time.  Can you help me have all
> three boxes showing up at the same time?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate it!
>
> Stephanie

Ticket ID: SKA-999276
Department: Support IDV