[IDV #YZK-803896]: Ticket# BRK-528772

> IDV Support,
>
> I have uploaded the WRF file.  In addition, I have attached a .gif image here
> showing how the coast lines don’t match.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> David Siuta

Hi David,
       There is nothing wrong with the IDV or your dataset. Inside this nc
dataset, there are two set projections, polar stereographic and lat/lon. When
you load a 2D variable, it is using lat/lon projection.
If you want to see the same projection for 3D variable, you can turn off the
auto set projection under Projections > Auto-set Projection before creating the
display. If you want to switch between these two
projections, right click on the legend of one of  display and select: View >
Use Grid Projection. The IDV will do the work of converting the projection
automatically for you.

Yuan

> address@hidden
>
> On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Sorry for the delayed response.
> >
> > Please upload your WRF sample data here:
> >
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> >
> > and let us know when it has been uploaded.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> >> IDV support,
> >>
> >> I have done some research in to my problem (Ticket BRK-528772) and found
> >> that the standard longitude is not the problem.  It is actually the map
> >> projection used by WRF that doesn’t work well with IDV.  Any WRF runs
> >> I have done using the polar stereographic  map projection do not match
> >> the background map supplied in IDV when I try to view the output in IDV
> >> (as well as the latitude and longitude of the WRF grid does not match
> >> the background map).  To test this out I changed the WRF projection to
> >> Lambert Conformal Conic and reran WRF and no matter what the standard
> >> longitude was, the WRF grid was able to perfectly match the IDV
> >> background map.  Even though switching WRF to the Lambert projection has
> >> solved this problem temporarily, I have a lot of output in the Polar
> >> Stereographic projection and would like to be able to use IDV to view
> >> some of the output.  Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> David Siuta
> >> address@hidden
> >>
> >> Weather Forecast Research Team