[IDV #OON-871570]: EPV/Frontogenesis Formula

> Full Name: April Ellis
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Good Afternoon.
>
> I am a grad student at Creighton and I would like to evaluate EPV
> and frontogenesis utilizing RUC 13km data.  I have been trying for
> the past few weeks to enter in the formulas on my own, but have not
> been successful.  With only 1 on-site professor, local tech help does
> not exist.  Is there anyway that you could enter in the formulas for me?
>
> I unsuccessfully  tried to follow the directions in the user manual.
>
> Thanks so much for your help-
> April Ellis

Hi April,
           The IDV Jython library does have frontogenesis function, named
frnt(S, V):
Frontogenesis function from theta and the wind . But, we only have potential
vorticity in the
library pvor(S, V): from theta and wind. I don't know what is the formula for
EPV.

Yuan

Ticket ID: OON-871570
Department: Support IDV