[IDV #GAI-830760]: Is there a 'turnkey' application that displays trajectory plots?

Jim,

Good timing.

As of IDV 5u1 which will be release this week, the IDV can now handle multiple
trajectories in one CF-compliant file. When wanting to view these data, select a
Data Source Type of "Trajectory Sounding Files".  You will have to build the
trajectory file in a CF compliant manner as described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/ipynb_cookbooks_to_create_cf.

This new IDV functionality should still be considered beta quality and there
could very well still be problems. Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support