[IDV #HJR-747362]: extracting grid point values using IDV viewer.

Austin,

Here are a couple of different options for you. In the Map View window, click on
the Legend link corresponding to your display. This action will take you to the
Displays tab of the dashboard. Go to the File, Save, Export Displayed Data to
netCDF menu option. This action will export your data to netCDF file
format. Alternatively, go to the Field Selector tab of the Dashboard, click on
the Formulas Data Source and in the Fields panel, go to Export, Export Grid to
Excel. You will probably have to subset your data to do this in any reasonable
amount of
time. Once the data are in Excel you may be able to export to CSV.

As we have spoken about before, the IDV will not export to grib format.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: austin dooley
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 version: 1.7.0_65
> j3d:1.6.0-pre10-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> I have been able to put together u, v ocean current values into a
> vector field.  The data is from the HYCOM model.
>
> Is there a way to output values at the grid points?  Either in a  csv
> file or a grib file?
>
> Thank you

Ticket ID: HJR-747362
Department: Support IDV