[IDV #JFI-890705]: Automatic data sampling

> Hello,
>
> In IDV 5.0, I am trying to create preset bundles for easy loading of
> satellite imagery and other data. When I select the data source initially,
> I manually set the "magnification" to 1x1 in the subsetting panel so that
> no pixel resampling occurs, since I am viewing a region small enough that I
> need full resolution. However, once the data is refreshed, or the bundle is
> loaded during a session, automatic resampling always occurs, with the
> display reading "Data sampling: every 8th by 4th pixel" or similar. Since
> the "pixel sampling" slider reads no sampling because only the coarse
> version of the data was loaded, there is no way to reset to full resolution
> other than removing the data source and reloading it with manual settings.
>
> This problem occurs both with "adaptive resolution" enabled and disabled.
> Although the automatic resampling isn't as bad with it enabled, it is still
> resampled enough for me to see it in the region I'm subsetting, and since I
> need to zoom in from time to time to get a better look, I need the full
> resolution imagery. Is there a way to prevent this automatic resampling of
> a data source upon loading/reloading? It seems that one should be able to
> view the full 1km visible channel (or 4km IR) from GOES without it always
> being resampled.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Levi

Hi Levi,
     The logic of adaptive resolution and match display area is complicated,
please read carefully the release notes.
     If you think something is wrong, email me the detail steps of what you
were doing. You description is not very
clear to me. If you disable the Adaptive Resolution (AR), and save the bundle,
it will not be enable when you load
back the bundle.

Yuan

Ticket ID: JFI-890705