[IDV #ABK-864576]: Trajectory Bug

> > Hi:
> >
> > I've been running *backwards* trajectories with IDV5.0 and noticed
> > that the trajectories are taking an unrealistic turn in the time step
> > that begins their backwards integration (see attached). It is especially
> > obvious when using datasets with longer time increments.  In this case,
> > I'm using 3-h RAP data where I've aggregated the files by time when
> >
> > This bug could have preceded 5.0.  I just started running them
> > today and figured I'd use the new release.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Jim,
>
> This part of code not being changed for a while, I can reproduce in the 5.0
> and I will fix it asap.
>

> YUan

Jim,
      I did see a bug in the calculation of backward trajectory, and checked in
a fix. You can try the nightly in 20 minutes, which is 5.0u1 release.

      I can not find the dataset you were using, I used the NAM80km, see the
attached image. I will do some comparison with gempak next week.
Yuan

Ticket ID: ABK-864576
Department: Support IDV