[IDV #EQH-133721]: -server -connect options

> Full Name: Brian Billings
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1
> Operating System: Windows 7/8
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Good morning.
>
> We would like to use IDV collaboratively in a room with multiple
> workstations. It looks like the -server, -connect, and -port command-line
> options could be used to do this, but is there an example of using these to
> launch IDV. When I tried to add them in it said that -connect was not a
> recognized option.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,
     We don't quite understand the goal of using the IDV collaboratively that
you describe. For collaborative workflows with the IDV in the classroom you may
wish to investigate RAMADDA.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/ramadda/index.html

Yuan

Ticket ID: EQH-133721