[IDV #FDV-283506]: Permissions (security) with Java 7

Anthony,

Thanks for trying the webstart version of the IDV. We are currently
transitioning the IDV to Java 7, and unfortunately the webstart
version of the IDV is in need of attention. This is high on our priority
list, but will take a bit of time. In the meantime, please use the
regular desktop version of the IDV.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi
>
> Tried the JAVA IDV browser app.
>

> Here is the backtrace from the failure. Attached is a screenshot of the
> "Security Warning" splash screen prior to the failure.
>
> java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest
> attribute in main jar:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/current/webstart/IDV/idv.jar
> at
> com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
> at
> com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Java plugin details:
>

> Java(TM) Plug-in 10.45.2
>
> File: libnpjp2.so
> Version: 10.45.2
> State: Enabled
> Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
>
> Oracle Linux 6.5
>
> $ rpm -qf  /usr/java/jre1.7.0_51/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
> jre-1.7.0_51-fcs.x86_64
>
> Regards
> Anthony David
> PhD Student, RSES ANU