[IDV #VYP-183639]: IDV v4.1(u1): Time aggregation leaves *.gbx9 and *.ncx files in data source directory

> > Yuan,
> >
> > I have the IDV installed on three machines (all Macs) that I use the most.
> > (IDV v4.1u1, variously nightly builds from late November.) All three have
> > “Write Grib Index in Disk Cache” checked. That’s not surprising, since it’s
> > the default setting and I’ve never changed anything in Preferences >
> > System. (I’m not sure I’ve ever even looked in there!)
> >
> > I just loaded a bundle that time-aggregates some NAM model output in GRIB
> > format, and it sure enough, it creates the *.ncx and *.gbx9 files in the
> > data source directory. (In contrast, ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/tmp/nj22 is
> > empty.)
> >
> > I’ve attach the bundle, but it accesses data source files as local files so
> > you won’t be able to load it.
> >
> > — Dave
> >

> Dave,
> I can verify that the write grib index feature is no longer working. I
> believe after moving to nc4.3, this feature broke. I will check with other
> developer to think about the possible fix.
>

> Yuan
Dave,
    The grib index feature is working now in our nightly release. But we
already merge the progressive resolution into the nightly and would not suggest
the user to use the current nightly to build the bundle at this moment. By the
way, the Jeff already fixed the bundle issue in the new RAMADDA release.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VYP-183639
Department: Support IDV