[IDV #NME-236262]: IDV on high DPI screens

Simon,

Happy New Year. Sorry for the long delay due to the holiday schedule.

I do not have a high DPI screen but what about manually resizing the IDV
display to the preferred size and saving this as the default bundle?

Does that work for your purposes?

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Simon
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I can't get IDV to play nicely with high DPI screens, such as my 15"
> laptop's 2880 x 1800 resolution.
>
> At normal screen settings, the interface is impossibly small to use.
> I use IDV on Windows 8.1 though the laptop is a MacBook Pro.  IDV/Java
> doesn't recognise the Windows interface scaling setting and there are
> no settings within IDV to make the interface any bigger and easier to use.
>
> A non-ideal workaround is instead of using UI scaling to select a lower
> than actual apparent resolution in Windows and turn UI scaling off, but
> this produces an inferior blurry/pixelated appearance and is therefore
> not the recommended setting or the one I normally use.
>
> I suspect this is something Unidata will have to address as high DPI
> screens become increasingly common and adopted.
>
> Are there any Java commands I can put in to runIDV.bat to scale the
> IDV interface by 150%? which is the current UI scaling setting I use
> in Windows?

Ticket ID: NME-236262
Department: Support IDV