[IDV #VYP-183639]: IDV v4.1(u1): Time aggregation leaves *.gbx9 and *.ncx files in data source directory

> Yuan,
>
> I have the IDV installed on three machines (all Macs) that I use the most.
> (IDV v4.1u1, variously nightly builds from late November.) All three have
> “Write Grib Index in Disk Cache” checked. That’s not surprising, since it’s
> the default setting and I’ve never changed anything in Preferences > System.
> (I’m not sure I’ve ever even looked in there!)
>
> I just loaded a bundle that time-aggregates some NAM model output in GRIB
> format, and it sure enough, it creates the *.ncx and *.gbx9 files in the data
> source directory. (In contrast, ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/tmp/nj22 is empty.)
>
> I’ve attach the bundle, but it accesses data source files as local files so
> you won’t be able to load it.
>
> — Dave

Dave,
     I can verify that the write grib index feature is no longer working. I
believe after moving to nc4.3, this feature broke. I will check with other
developer to think about the possible fix.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VYP-183639
Department: Support IDV