[IDV #RLV-572542]: Error loading .nc files using "Aggregate Grids by Time"

Alexa,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please upload the netCDF sample data here
(http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload) along with the NCML.
Let us know when it is uploaded by responding to this message.

Also, I don't know if this is the problem, but you may wish to familiarize
yourself with the Time Coordinate of the NetCDF Climate and Forecast (CF)
Metadata Conventions
(http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.0/cf-conventions.html#time-coordinate).

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Greetings IDV support,
>
> I've just started using IDV to analyze netCDF files from 3d atmospheric
> simulations and I am very impressed with the program. Thank you for all
> your hard work.
>
> I have multiple files that vary only by time, and would like to try to load
> them in using the "Aggregate Grids by Time" option under data source type
> (goal = plot the same field at different time steps and generate an
> animation). I've gotten the following error:
>
> -----------
> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:aggregated.netcdf.grid with:
> [/home/avaneaton/output/netCDF_PIC_106.nc,
> /home/avaneaton/output/netCDF_PIC_107.nc]
> Grid data source failed making data set:
> /home/avaneaton/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/tmp/multigrid_b7c4c046-ee15-428c-9af3-09f0db845a590.ncml
> AggregationExisting: no coordinate variable for agg
> dimension= time
>
> So it looks like the ncml script does not recognize the time stamp in my
> files. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue?
>
> All the best
>
> Alexa

Ticket ID: RLV-572542
Department: Support IDV