Re: Acceptable input formats for NCAR IDV

Hi Alva,

The cf conventions for "discrete sampling geometries" were developed with that sort of data in mind.  It's good to remember that we have large collections of weather and buoy and other station data in the atmospheric realm as well.  That said, the idv has been developed for integrating data from many dispirate sources so it is pretty flexible in terms of input protocols and formats.  That is probably why it is not easy to pin down concisely.  So I'm forwarding this to the idv team for a more definitive response.

--Ben