[IDV #TAF-624454]: Real-Time Radar Data

Devon,

Yes, this is definitely possible. Please see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/DataSourceProperties.html
 on how to achieve this. Basically, in the data source properties, check
"Automatically Reload", and you can even specify the polling interval.

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>
> I am a Linux user and was wondering if there is a way to have IDV
> automatically poll data from the selected radar site in near real-time. I
> have seen that there was a way, but I cannot find it. Please let me know if
> this is possible. If not, that is okay as I do use a different viewer for
> radar data usually; I am just hoping to be able to use IDV more often than I
> already do.
>
> Thank you,
> Devon Freese
>
> Senior - Atmospheric Sciences