[IDV #BOT-567790]: Connection error

Burak,

This problem appears to be network problem between the IDV and the ADDE server.

A few suggestions:

Try connecting from a different network. It could be a firewall issue at your
institution. (If there is a firewall, you need to ask the network/system
administrator to allow the TCP connection to the port 112 in order to connect
to the ADDE server.)

Simply try again. Perhaps part of the network was momentarily down.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Burak
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I installed the IDV4.1 to my Windows-Based PC. I have not installed
> netcdf library. Only IDV4.1 has been installed. Program has been
> started well. However I connot take any point data from Data Choosers
> section-Observations. It gives following massege.
>
> Error connecting to: adde.ucar.edu
> No datasets found edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: Invalid return
> parameter requested
>
> Could you help me about this problem? how can ? solve this problem?
>
> Best.
>
> Burak
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: No datasets found
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: Invalid return parameter requested
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:161)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.readTimes(AddePointDataChooser.java:496)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.handleUpdate(AddePointDataChooser.java:450)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnect(AddeChooser.java:582)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:600)

Ticket ID: BOT-567790
Department: Support IDV