[IDV #PHO-262246]: Error when loading KTYX data

Hi Jim,

That's an interesting one! I can download the .ar2v file from the THREDDS server
and I get the same error reading off of disk; however, I don't have that issue
with
other .ar2v files, such as KTLX. I tried different versions of the IDV, and the
results
are interesting, too:

Latest from github, ncIdv 4.3.19-20131008144400
*** Null Pointer Exception

IDV 4.1, ncIdv 4.3.19-SNAPSHOT-20130802112000
*** Null Pointer Exception

IDV 4.0u1, ncIdv 4.3.16-20130311151100:
*** Error: No data for Reflectivity file=/path/to/file

IDV 3.1u1, ncIdv 4.2.?:
*** can read the data just fine

I can also read the file using python, so I don't think it's
a data format change issue.

It could be in netCDF-Java, it could be in the IDV. Yuan,
do you know if anything has changed on the IDV side in
terms of RADAR file reading? If not, I can take a look into
the netCDF-Java side of things.

Thanks for the report, Jim!

Sean

> Hi:
>
> This might be a THREDDS issue, but I am getting the following error:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> WHen trying to load most recent times from the KTYX level II radar from IDD.
>
> Jim

Ticket ID: PHO-262246
Department: Support IDV