[IDV #YTQ-934021]: Tick-labels for longitude and latitude are below the blue marble

Chia-Ying,

We hopefully have a solution for you. Please download the IDV nightly build
here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

We have added an option to the IDV where labels can be "flat" relative to the
axis. In the map display, go to view -> properties, and select the horizontal
scale tab. There is a check box option called "Axis label relief". When it is
off, the label is flat relative to the axis and the blue marble does not
obscure the labels. Please experiment with this option.

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi IDV-support,
>
> Question about the tick labels while using blue marble image: the tick
> label for longitude and latitude disappear because these labels are
> "below" the surface. Is there anyway I can bring the tick-labels up to
> above surface layer? Thank you.
>
> Chia-Ying

Ticket ID: YTQ-934021
Department: Support IDV