[IDV #WXI-671697]: estudiante

Dear Ms. Eventos,

We were successfully able to view your earthquake data with the following steps:

In the IDV dashboard, Data Choosers, URLs node, load the text (WEED format)
data with this link (this link was obtained from the
http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/map.do URL. See the links at
the top):

http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/eventsWEED.do?priority=time&PointsMax=200&LatMax=85.83&LatMin=-78.49&LonMax=180.00&LonMin=-180.00

Select a Data Source Type of "Text Point Data Files" and press the Add Source
button

This action will take you to an interface that allows you to describe your
data. The tricky part was getting the date format correct. We used yyyy/MM/dd
HH:mm:ss for the date format. You can read a bit more about this topic in
section 7.5.0 "Text (ASCII) Point Data Format" of the IDV User Guide
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/).

Once you have described your data, press OK.

At this point, you should be at the Field Selector tab where you can display
your data as a "Point Data Plot". It may be necessary to play around with the
time binnings. See section 3.5.7.0 "Basic Properties" of the IDV User Guide to
learn more about time binning. I set a bin of 1 day and unchecked declutter in
the Displays tab of the field selector.

I know this is a lot step, but please give this a try.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: merida eventos
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
>
> Error creating data source:netcdf.point with:
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/map.do
> Point obs data source failed making data set:
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/map.do
> Unable to make a PointDataset from
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/map.do
> Error =
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Unable to make a PointDataset from
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/map.do
> Error =
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.doMakeDataset(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:282)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.getDataset(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:252)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.initAfterCreation(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:209)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1597)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1980)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1897)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1831)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1673)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.handleAction(DefaultIdv.java:114)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1605)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.TextDisplayControl$10.run(TextDisplayControl.java:1408)

Ticket ID: WXI-671697
Department: Support IDV