[IDV #FKS-486289]: IDV 4.1

Stu,

It is difficult to diagnose this problem remotely, but here are a few things
you can try.

Option 1: make sure your video driver is up-to-date

Option 2: In your home directory, move the .unidata directory to .unidata.bak.
Start the IDV.

Option 3: The IDV configures the appropriate amount of memory. In exceptional
situations, the IDV may not start due to memory issues. In this case, please
uncomment the idv_memory section IDV\runIDV.bat script. Change "REM set
idv_memory=512" to "set idv_memory=512" Start the IDV.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi there,
>
> I have installed IDV 4.1 on my pc (running xp) but the IDV software will not
> fire up. The black program code box appears for a split second but then
> nothing else happen?
>
> Regards
>
> Stu
> Stuart Powell  MSc(hons) Dip E.H