[IDV #ZUS-935430]: Control of display windows or views

Dear Caleb,

You are using Java 7. We have not tested the IDV on Java 7, yet. This is
obviously in the plans, but we are being delayed by Java 7 / Java 3D problems
on Mac OS X. These problems should hopefully be resolved this fall at which
point we will migrate the IDV to Java 7. In the meantime, we recommend running
the IDV on Java 6.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Caleb
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 version: 1.7.0_25
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I am unable to control the views or display windows
> with the mouse buttons and keyboard options that I used to be able to with in
> the previous versions of IDV.  Even changing the options in the preferences
> does not cause any differences.  This happens with everything I have tried.
> Cursor readout is also not functioning.  It is like the it is not recognizing
> most of the keyboard and mouse functions.
>
> I am only able to zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel as well as hold
> shit or control in addition to using the mouse scroll wheel to rotate the
> images or displays.

Ticket ID: ZUS-935430
Department: Support IDV