[IDV #LZW-530247]: Missing Altitude when creating sounding table

Jeremy,

Sean and I discovered and fixed a bug in the IDV resulting in the problems you
described earlier. Please download the nightly version of the IDV *tomorrow*
and give the SkewT another try.
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>
> I think I got an example file uploaded to the server, I uploaded it under
> my name and email it is a Rapid Refresh file.
>
> Jeremy
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Jeremy,
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to upload the file in question to
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload and let us know
> > when the file is there? I tried looking at  CISL Reasearch Data Archive but
> > was not quite sure where to look. My guess is the code that does the field
> > derivation is choking for one reason or another, but I can't be quite sure
> > without seeing the data.
> >
> > Best Wishes,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Full Name: Jeremy Martin
> > > Email Address: address@hidden
> > > Package Version: 4.0u1 build date:2013-03-29 18:10 UTC
> > > Operating System: Windows 7
> > > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > > Description of problem: When creating a sounding view, all the altitude
> > data in the table is set to []  . While the readout on the sounding appears
> > to have a geopotential height, it does not appear to be the same as what a
> > probe view of geopotential height provides. The various geopotential
> > heights are included in the grib files I am trying to import, which I got
> > from the CISL Reasearch Data Archive.
> > >
> > > A screen shot of the sounding table is attached.
> > >

> > > Hany help our guidance would be greatly appreciated!
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: LZW-530247
> > Department: Support IDV

Ticket ID: LZW-530247