[IDV #OWP-823957]: Short note on use of new NHC grids in IDV and Panoply

> Just a short note to let you know how well the new NHC grids work in IDV
> and Panoply.  Please just check this webpage to see some images I've made:
>
> http://marinedataliteracy.org/ops/nhc_grids.htm
>
> At first I thought that the grids were bad, and apologize for an earlier
> note to NHC about that.  The grids seem to be fine, but IDV can't handle
> a complete global map.  Panoply handles the global file ok, but part of
> the grid goes missing.
>
> Murray

Murray,
       You are right, the dataset is corrected.
       There are two issues here, one is that the dataset crosses the zero
longitude and the IDV doesn't deal with it very well. You can set the map
projection as Predefined > World and turn off the Projections > Auto-set
Projection before creating display. The second issue, the strange longitudinal
band, is more a bug on the library (don't have solution yet), but you can turn
off the "Use Fast Rendering" in the User Preferences > General panel to avoid
this problem. In all, you don't need to subset the data.

let me know if this helps.

Yuan

> Murray Brown
> 1710 Washington St., Apt. B